LE DOMAINE de PALERME
On the first floor upstairs, off the central staircase, there are two bedrooms:
Bedroom 1 (35 sq. meters/370 sq. ft.) with a king size bed (which can be separated into two single beds) with adjoining shower room and separate toilet,
Bedroom 2 (40 sq. meters/422 sq. ft.) with a king size bed (which can be separated into two single beds), with adjoining bathroom and separate toilet.
On the second floor, off the central staircase, there are three additional bedrooms:
Bedroom 3 (45 sq. meters/475 sq. ft.) is fully air-conditioned with a king size bed (which can be separated into single beds), its complete en suite bathroom and separate toilet.
Bedroom 4 (35 sq. meters/370 sq. ft.) is fully air-conditioned with a king size bed, en suite shower room and separate toilet. Bedroom 4 connects to Bedroom 5.
Bedroom 5 (15 sq. meters/158 sq. ft.) which is composed of 2 single beds.
On the east side, off a second staircase, there are two more bedrooms:
Bedroom 6 (35 sq. meters/370 sq. ft.) m2) which is on the second floor, has a queen size bed, shower room and separate toilet
Bedroom 7 (35m sq. meters/370 sq. ft.) on the first floor, with 2 single canopy beds and a single bed, shower room and toilet.
The home includes complementary WIFI, bathrobes, mini fridges in Bedrooms 1, 3, and 4, and kettle and NESPRESSO coffee machine in Bedrooms 1, 2, 3, and 4. The property includes over 5000 sq. meters (over 1.25 acres) of lawn and gardens, bordered by a row of three-hundred-year-old plane trees, and has several areas with shade trees and plantings – ideal for relaxing and outdoor meals.
The swimming pool is heated from April to October, is secured by a sensor alarm, and measures 18 meters x 8 meters (58 feet X 26 feet) and is located on the east side of the house. It is surrounded by a grass field, has natural shaded spaces, and a pool house with two toilets, a tennis table and a kitchen/bar area.
The Domaine de Palerme is the ideal venue for a relaxing vacation with friends and family, combining a quiet natural environment with the unique recreation, shopping and dining that the L’Isle sur la Sorgue area offers all year round. Prices per week (excl. any commission) range from Eur.11.000 for peak periods to Eur. 8.000 off peak.
A Perfect Location - Centrally located to visit ALL of Provence:
- A few minutes drive (or a short bike ride) to L’Isle sur la Sorgue, a Provence gem known for its waterways, markets, antique stores and food (from Michelin stars to local patisseries, everything is wonderful).
- 15-30 minutes away from several other beautiful villages, including Gordes, Ménerbes, Roussillon, Chateauneuf du Pape, Lourmarin, Saint Rémy de Provence, and Les Baux de Provence, to name just a few.
- Aix en Provence is 45 minutes away, and Cassis and the “Calanques National Park” (one of the natural wonders of the French Riviera - https://www.ot-cassis.com/en/nature.html) – is approx. 1 hr. and 15 minutes.
Easy to access:
- 30-minute drive (28 km/18 miles) from Avignon TGV train station. (Note: Paris is only 2h40 from Avignon by train and there is a train from/to Paris approximately every hour)
- 50-minute drive (70 km/44 miles) from Marseille International airport
The property itself:
- Known as the home of Albert Camus, who lived in Le Domaine de Palerme in the 50’s
- Quiet surroundings as the property is nestled among 15 hectares of private lands
- The gardens (south of the mansion) are planted with 300-year-old trees, creating a secluded and charming environment which is also cool in summer
- The main house (an 18th century « bastide » or chateau) was fully restored in 2016 adding all modern comforts was while preserving the authenticity and charm of the original design
- There are 7 spacious bedrooms (average 35sqmt) and 6 bath/shower rooms in the bastide for a total sleeping capacity of 15 people
- There are three living rooms on the ground floor, of which the largest (named the Orangery) with 15-foot ceilings serves as a dining room
- A large kitchen is available for local chefs to prepare in-house lunches and/or dinners
Also on site:
- WIFI (works perfectly well!)
- Large swimming pool (18 meters x 8 meters), heated from April to October
- Billiards and table tennis
- Bicycles upon request
- Vintage Citroen 2CV with or without guide upon request (Ideal to tour the Luberon or the Alpilles)
- Internet - Wireless
- Living Room
- Coffee Maker
- Dining Room
- Communal Pool
- Please select your dates on our online booking calendar for an exact quote.
Availability & Booking Calendar
We do check-ins only during our business hours, otherwise there is a 95 euro early/late check in fee.
Please let us know if you have children under 15 years old.
We ask that you our place in the state it was when you arrived.