Le Priolet was originally an 18th century priory that has been converted into a luxury, 4 bedroom villa, a stone's throw from the Dordogne River. Set at the end of long private driveway through neighboring vineyards, Le Priolet is a tranquil oasis with a swimming pool, gardens and private access to the river for swimming and fishing from our own dock. The villa has been carefully renovated with modern amenities and one-of-a-kind antiques, preserving the authentic beauty of the original architecture without sacrificing comfort.
The open plan gourmet kitchen and dining area for 6-8 people is warmed by a large stone fireplace, and opens up to a patio and outdoor dining area overlooking the river. You will spend many hours with your coffee/tea or a glass of wine, watching the river drift by. And when the weather is warm, we eat outside every meal. It is not uncommon for swans and other water birds to spend their days in the river by Le Priolet, watching us as we enjoy their presence.
The kitchen opens to a large double height living room with a second smaller dining or games table and it's own freestanding fireplace. A bluetooth speaker and drinks cart helps you set the mood.
The villa has 4 large bedrooms. The master bedroom is upstairs with a king size bed and ensuite bathroom. There are two bedrooms on the main level, one with a queen sized bed, and the other with two twin beds that can be separate or pushed together for another king size bed. These rooms share a large bathroom adjacent to them. The loft bedroom has a queen size bed and it's own ensuite bathroom. There is also a separate toilet off the living room. Extra sleeping room for 2 can be arranged in the large den with a pull-out sofa and a day bed.
Other amenities include, wifi, satellite TV, washer/dryer, ping pong table, bikes, canoes and kayaks.
Set your own pace with activities. You can spend your day with a book watching the river go by, or ...
- Explore the countryside with our 2 bikes - Castillon-la-Bataille is a 15-20 min ride away along the river.
- Swim, fish or kayak in the river (it's perfectly clean)!
- Ride horses - there are stables nearby
- Play golf at the nearby Grand Saint Emilion Golf Club (designed by Tom Doak)
- Visit the markets - there are local markets nearly every day where farmers bring their wares.
- Sampling homemade artisanal foie gras and cheeses made locally
- Wine tasting & touring the Chateaux - we can help your organize or you can follow your nose
- Visit stunningly beautiful St. Emilion and it's famous 12th century monolithic (underground) cathedral.
- Touring the historic Bastide towns and Les Plus Beaux Villages de France surrounding the area
- Visiting the castles in the nearby Dordogne valley
- Visit the magnificent city of Bordeaux - 45 min drive
- Go to the beach - amazing Atlantic-facing beaches near Lège-Cap-Ferret are 90 min away - surfing, kite-surfing, and oyster tasting!
- Visit the Dune du Pilat - the tallest sand dune in Europe - also 90 min away
We can arrange for a private chef, babysitting and more frequent cleaning service - whatever will make your stay more enjoyable.
Check-In is 4pm. Check-out is 10:00am. Early check-in or late check-out cannot be guaranteed and must be requested and approved in advance.
Cleaning Fee: $220, deducted from your security deposit.
Security Deposit: $750, refundable within 7 days of your check-out