The salt water, eco friendly pool is relaxing as is the stone terrace that overlooks the peaceful river as it rolls by. The pool is wonderful in the summer but is not heated. Dining outside is set for six, but 8-10 can easily share the table. The home is ideal for 2 couples with children as there are there are two master bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms.
Biking (2 bikes included) down alongside the river, going to the Monday market in the nearby village and canoeing along the river (canoe & kayak included) make for the quintessential French country holiday. The riverside home is situated in a small village with a restaurant, small store & post office and is 7 minutes from Castillon with several restaurants, bars, 3 large grocery stores and many patisseries and butchers. An outdoor ping pong table is an added plus for the kids!
There are many things to do in the area: biking, wine tasting & touring the Chateaux, touring the historic bastide towns surrounding the area, sampling the many fine restaurants and cafes, fishing, horseback riding, sampling homemade artisanal foie gras and cheeses made locally as well as the famous Cap Ferret oysters sold in nearly every village on Sundays, swimming and boating the the nearby lake and day trips to the Atlantic coast and the city of Bordeaux are all popular.
There are several golf courses nearby.
Wine tours and catering can be arranged upon request as well as additional housekeeping or babysitting. ONLY accept bookings from Saturday to Saturday****
We do offer the home & yard for small weddings if the guests stay 1 week in the house. Ask us!
****NEW FOR 2018 bookings*** from January to May, September 15th to December 15th:
Le Priolet Pkg:
1. Dinner made for you at the house with your own French chef including a demo in English as well as a market visit with the chef. Ingredients for the dinner are at the guests' expense.
2. Wine tasting at hyper-local chateau plus an additional wine tasting experience at our wine purveyor in St. Emilion (prestige wines). Wines can be shipped home and you’ll eliminate 20% of the cost (tax-free).
3. A unique tour of the gorgeous city of Bordeaux and its hippest area of Chartrons by former House Beautiful editor focusing on antiques, shopping and gourmet tastings.
4. St. Emilion tour for your group of the underground cave of Saint Emilion and the famous underground church and its history. You cannot see these without going on the tour.
5. Welcome Hamper to include local wines plus local cheese & bread & charcuterie.
6. Reservations made for you at 3 of our favorite restaurants in the area.
*** This package is available from May 31st to Sept 15th at an additional cost of 600 euros, but is INCLUDED in the rentals from March, April, May & Sept 15 - Nov 15
|Price Per Week||from $2500|
It is a well-known adage that once you have stayed in an apartment, staying in a hotel has less appeal. Those who have had the good sense to spend time on the Ile Saint-Louis know this even better than most. Once the restaurants clear out at night the streets of the little village fall quiet and a late stroll down the main street of the island can be a solitary affair. In the morning only the shopkeepers and residents are up and about early. You can walk to the bakery and take your time making selections. You can walk by ice cream haven Berthillon and actually see inside -it’s usually and rightfully thronged with people in the afternoons. Having the Ile Saint Louis as your neighborhood is special indeed, and Ile St. Louis is the ideal Parisian flat to create an unforgettable experience in the City of Light.
In a classic building with elevator on the east side of the island, the apartment is spacious and sunny. There is an elegant entryway hall which opens up into the living-dining room area which is casually furnished with a mix of contemporary and antique pieces carefully chosen from the owners’ collections. The dining table accommodates six, and the kitchen is fully equipped for preparing simple or more elaborate meals. The large master bedroom has elegant crown moulding and is richly furnished with an impressive armoire and chest of drawers. There is a king-sized bed and in-wall closets. The main bathroom has a tub with wall-mounted shower and curtain, with single sink and WC. The washing-machine dryer is also in this bathroom.
Downstairs is a second bedroom of identical proportions, with a king-sized bed that can be split into twin beds. Under the stairs is a quirky half-bath – a shower for people under 6’ and a sink. Occupants of this bedroom use a guest powder room near the entrance of the apartment. In addition to the two bedrooms, there is a comfortable library/den with large format television with a bevy of English language channels including all the main news channels. There is also a iPhone music player for your enjoyment.
Between the bewitching location, sunny spaces and sophisticated yet welcoming furnishings, Ile St. Louis has a lot to offer Paris novices and experts alike.
|Price Per Week||from $2750|
On the first floor upstairs, off the central staircase, there are two bedrooms:
Bedroom 1 (35 sq. meters/370 sq. ft.) with a king size bed (which can be separated into two single beds) with adjoining shower room and separate toilet,
Bedroom 2 (40 sq. meters/422 sq. ft.) with a king size bed (which can be separated into two single beds), with adjoining bathroom and separate toilet.
On the second floor, off the central staircase, there are three additional bedrooms:
Bedroom 3 (45 sq. meters/475 sq. ft.) is fully air-conditioned with a king size bed (which can be separated into single beds), its complete en suite bathroom and separate toilet.
Bedroom 4 (35 sq. meters/370 sq. ft.) is fully air-conditioned with a king size bed, en suite shower room and separate toilet. Bedroom 4 connects to Bedroom 5.
Bedroom 5 (15 sq. meters/158 sq. ft.) which is composed of 2 single beds.
On the east side, off a second staircase, there are two more bedrooms:
Bedroom 6 (35 sq. meters/370 sq. ft.) m2) which is on the second floor, has a queen size bed, shower room and separate toilet
Bedroom 7 (35m sq. meters/370 sq. ft.) on the first floor, with 2 single canopy beds and a single bed, shower room and toilet.
The home includes complementary WIFI, bathrobes, mini fridges in Bedrooms 1, 3, and 4, and kettle and NESPRESSO coffee machine in Bedrooms 1, 2, 3, and 4. The property includes over 5000 sq. meters (over 1.25 acres) of lawn and gardens, bordered by a row of three-hundred-year-old plane trees, and has several areas with shade trees and plantings – ideal for relaxing and outdoor meals.
The swimming pool is heated from April to October, is secured by a sensor alarm, and measures 18 meters x 8 meters (58 feet X 26 feet) and is located on the east side of the house. It is surrounded by a grass field, has natural shaded spaces, and a pool house with two toilets, a tennis table and a kitchen/bar area.
The Domaine de Palerme is the ideal venue for a relaxing vacation with friends and family, combining a quiet natural environment with the unique recreation, shopping and dining that the L’Isle sur la Sorgue area offers all year round. Prices per week (excl. any commission) range from Eur.11.000 for peak periods to Eur. 8.000 off peak.
A Perfect Location - Centrally located to visit ALL of Provence:
- A few minutes drive (or a short bike ride) to L’Isle sur la Sorgue, a Provence gem known for its waterways, markets, antique stores and food (from Michelin stars to local patisseries, everything is wonderful).
- 15-30 minutes away from several other beautiful villages, including Gordes, Ménerbes, Roussillon, Chateauneuf du Pape, Lourmarin, Saint Rémy de Provence, and Les Baux de Provence, to name just a few.
- Aix en Provence is 45 minutes away, and Cassis and the “Calanques National Park” (one of the natural wonders of the French Riviera - https://www.ot-cassis.com/en/nature.html) – is approx. 1 hr. and 15 minutes.
Easy to access:
- 30-minute drive (28 km/18 miles) from Avignon TGV train station. (Note: Paris is only 2h40 from Avignon by train and there is a train from/to Paris approximately every hour)
- 50-minute drive (70 km/44 miles) from Marseille International airport
The property itself:
- Known as the home of Albert Camus, who lived in Le Domaine de Palerme in the 50’s
- Quiet surroundings as the property is nestled among 15 hectares of private lands
- The gardens (south of the mansion) are planted with 300-year-old trees, creating a secluded and charming environment which is also cool in summer
- The main house (an 18th century « bastide » or chateau) was fully restored in 2016 adding all modern comforts was while preserving the authenticity and charm of the original design
- There are 7 spacious bedrooms (average 35sqmt) and 6 bath/shower rooms in the bastide for a total sleeping capacity of 15 people
- There are three living rooms on the ground floor, of which the largest (named the Orangery) with 15-foot ceilings serves as a dining room
- A large kitchen is available for local chefs to prepare in-house lunches and/or dinners
Also on site:
- WIFI (works perfectly well!)
- Large swimming pool (18 meters x 8 meters), heated from April to October
- Billiards and table tennis
- Bicycles upon request
- Vintage Citroen 2CV with or without guide upon request (Ideal to tour the Luberon or the Alpilles)
|Price Per Night||from $1425|
|Price Per Week||from $9975|