Just because you haven’t heard of an area, doesn’t mean that its not spectacular. I’ve been going to the Aveyron which is in the middle south of France for 30 years because my sister has had a home there since 1987. This is a place where the French vacation and it is filled with plus beaux villages de France (the most beautiful villages in France). Its is a contrast in richness having both extraordinarily beautiful countryside, hill-top historic villages as well as the ancient and awesome city of Albi home to Toulouse Lautrec. We’ll visit cutting edge modern museums and experience centuries old traditional recipes as well see 1000 year old architecture. We’ll canoe, walk and discover the secrets of this fairytale land rich with foie gras, rolling fields, hearty red wines and roquefort cheese.
The GG2P Difference
- Our specialty is Ladies-only trips in French regions that are handpicked by Girls’ Guide to Paris founder Doni Belau using local expert guides and instructors.
- We mix it up! Unlike other trips that just offer cooking, adventure, history, shopping or wine-tasting – we do a little bit of everything.
- During our Aveyron trip we’ll take a much needed break from our daily lives as we taste wine and explore the stunningly beautiful and ancient towns of this unique and unspoiled region of France.
- Our philosophy is to delve deep into the spirit of the city or region, meeting as many locals as we can during our stay. We do not believe in rushing around to a different spot and packing up each day, rather we stay in one or two locations and explore the area from there making the trip that much more relaxing.
- We’ll stay at a family owned farm and/or a small boutique village inn in the Aveyron as well as a 4-star hotel in Albi.
- Wake up in your hotel to warm croissants, taste local delicacies like Aligot, and enjoy a glass of champagne to toast your newly made friends.
- Gourmet meals and wines are chosen based on demanding “foodie” tastes and include high-quality local ingredients made with passion. Most meals are included.
- During this particular trip we’ll be joined for meals and various outings by friends in the region who will bring the area alive for us all