Valentine’s Day in Paris: Top 10 Romantic Things to Do in the City of Light
Could there be a more perfect place to be than Paris for Valentine’s Day? Are you in town with your hubby, your lover or the guy you just met? Here’s a list of ways to ensure a moment or two on Valentine’s Day that you’ll never forget.
1. Classic Woody Allen scene: Kiss by the Seine under the Pont Marie after a short waltz.
2. Retro V-Day: Listen to the crooning voice of cabaret performer Caroline Nin (think Edith Piaf) at the Lido.
3. Only in Paris: Put a lock on the bridge between Notre Dame and the left bank on the Pont de l’Archevêché.
4. Always a good idea: Sip some Veuve Clicquot champagne at Flûte, then crunch on some postcoital Pierre Hermé macarons in your hotel room.
5. He knows how to focus on YOU!: Have him take you shopping at Merci, then have a cup of tea and stare into each other’s eyes.
6. For intellectuals: Nose around the bookstore Shakespeare and Company, then light a candle across the street at Notre Dame.
7. For history and music lovers: Listen to Mozart at la Sainte-Chapelle.
8. Secret liasons: Bite his lip playfully in a corner of the jazz club Bilboquet, in the 6th Arrondissement.
9. Buy some nasty panties at Chantal Thomass.
10. Climb to the top of Sacré Coeur and watch the Eiffel Tower sparkle at dusk.
Concerts in la Sainte-Chapelle
Editor’s note: What is the perfect Valentine’s Day gift for yourself? Clearly a membership in our new Travel Club!