October 11–18, 2019 • 7 Days/7 Nights • $4195*
Southwest France + Taking the Waters
We’ll start our tour in the magnificent city of Bordeaux where we’ll see the sites and then head up for a day tour of the Medoc peninsula with a stop at the famous wine estate of Lynch Badges for a stupendous Michelin star meal. Then we’ll head for a brief stay in the medieval town of St. Emilion on the right bank of Bordeaux and finally wind up in Eugenie les Bains. Here we’ll practice some self-care as we take the waters which have been curing people since Roman times. We’ll stay in a Relais and Chateaux Hotel and dine on 3-Michelin star cuisine plus learn about healthy French cooking from one of the most famous chefs in France.
The GG2P Difference
- Our specialty is Ladies-only trips in French regions that are handpicked by Girls’ Guide to Paris founder Doni Belau using local expert guides and instructors.
- Our trips are small and all guided by our founder. Size varies between 6 and 12 with the norm being 6-8.
- Demographics? We have ladies who take our tours anywhere from age 23 to 83. Its the mix of women from different countries and at different points in their lives that I believe makes our tours so special.
- Travel alone or with a friend. More than 60% of our tour goers are single women traveling alone, we want to make this experience easy and fulfilling. Most ladies come from English speaking countries or are expats. US/Canada/Australia are the main three but we do get some from elsewhere like Tokyo, Vienna or Brazil but we all speak English.
- We mix it up! Unlike other trips that just offer cooking, adventure, history, shopping or wine-tasting – we do a little bit of everything.
- During our Southwestern France trip we’ll take a much needed break from our daily lives as we taste wine and explore the stunningly beautiful medieval towns of this unique and ancient region of France. Eugenie-les-Bains and the world renowned Chef Michel Guerard including the hotel of his creation will be a special treat indeed.
- Our philosophy is to delve deep into the spirit of the city or region, meeting as many locals as we can during our stay. We do not believe in rushing around to a different spot and packing up each day, rather we stay in one or two locations and explore the area from there making the trip that much more relaxing.
- Gourmet meals and wines are chosen based on demanding “foodie” tastes and include high-quality local ingredients made with passion. Most meals are included.
- The Southwest Taking the Waters trip will be hosted by Doni Belau founder of GG2P who has a home in the Bordeaux region. Other experts will guide us daily.
Submit the details. We will contact you within 24 hours.
Hold your spot for any one of our tours for just $250 which is fully refundable up to the time of final confirmation and booking.
As soon as you reserve with your credit card Girls’ Guide to Paris will reach out to you by phone to set up the next steps.