The open plan gourmet kitchen and dining area for 6-8 people is warmed by a large stone fireplace, and opens up to a patio and outdoor dining area overlooking the river. You will spend many hours with your coffee/tea or a glass of wine, watching the river drift by. And when the weather is warm, we eat outside every meal. It is not uncommon for swans and other water birds to spend their days in the river by Le Priolet, watching us as we enjoy their presence.
The kitchen opens to a large double height living room with a second smaller dining or games table and it's own freestanding fireplace. A bluetooth speaker and drinks cart helps you set the mood.
The villa has 4 large bedrooms. The master bedroom is upstairs with a king size bed and ensuite bathroom. There are two bedrooms on the main level, one with a queen sized bed, and the other with two twin beds that can be separate or pushed together for another king size bed. These rooms share a large bathroom adjacent to them. The loft bedroom has a queen size bed and it's own ensuite bathroom. There is also a separate toilet off the living room. Extra sleeping room for 2 can be arranged in the large den with a pull-out sofa and a day bed.
Other amenities include, wifi, satellite TV, washer/dryer, ping pong table, bikes, canoes and kayaks.
Set your own pace with activities. You can spend your day with a book watching the river go by, or ...
- Explore the countryside with our 2 bikes - Castillon-la-Bataille is a 15-20 min ride away along the river.
- Swim, fish or kayak in the river (it's perfectly clean)!
- Ride horses - there are stables nearby
- Play golf at the nearby Grand Saint Emilion Golf Club (designed by Tom Doak)
- Visit the markets - there are local markets nearly every day where farmers bring their wares.
- Sampling homemade artisanal foie gras and cheeses made locally
- Wine tasting & touring the Chateaux - we can help your organize or you can follow your nose
- Visit stunningly beautiful St. Emilion and it's famous 12th century monolithic (underground) cathedral.
- Touring the historic Bastide towns and Les Plus Beaux Villages de France surrounding the area
- Visiting the castles in the nearby Dordogne valley
- Visit the magnificent city of Bordeaux - 45 min drive
- Go to the beach - amazing Atlantic-facing beaches near Lège-Cap-Ferret are 90 min away - surfing, kite-surfing, and oyster tasting!
- Visit the Dune du Pilat - the tallest sand dune in Europe - also 90 min away
We can arrange for a private chef, babysitting and more frequent cleaning service - whatever will make your stay more enjoyable.
|Price Per Night||from $410|
|Price Per Week||from $2850|
It is a well-known adage that once you have stayed in an apartment, staying in a hotel has less appeal. Those who have had the good sense to spend time on the Ile Saint-Louis know this even better than most. Once the restaurants clear out at night the streets of the little village fall quiet and a late stroll down the main street of the island can be a solitary affair. In the morning only the shopkeepers and residents are up and about early. You can walk to the bakery and take your time making selections. You can walk by ice cream haven Berthillon and actually see inside -it’s usually and rightfully thronged with people in the afternoons. Having the Ile Saint Louis as your neighborhood is special indeed, and Ile St. Louis is the ideal Parisian flat to create an unforgettable experience in the City of Light.
In a classic building with elevator on the east side of the island, the apartment is spacious and sunny. There is an elegant entryway hall which opens up into the living-dining room area which is casually furnished with a mix of contemporary and antique pieces carefully chosen from the owners’ collections. The dining table accommodates six, and the kitchen is fully equipped for preparing simple or more elaborate meals. The large master bedroom has elegant crown moulding and is richly furnished with an impressive armoire and chest of drawers. There is a king-sized bed and in-wall closets. The main bathroom has a tub with wall-mounted shower and curtain, with single sink and WC. The washing-machine dryer is also in this bathroom.
Downstairs is a second bedroom of identical proportions, with a king-sized bed that can be split into twin beds. Under the stairs is a quirky half-bath – a shower for people under 6’ and a sink. Occupants of this bedroom use a guest powder room near the entrance of the apartment. In addition to the two bedrooms, there is a comfortable library/den with large format television with a bevy of English language channels including all the main news channels. There is also a iPhone music player for your enjoyment.
Between the bewitching location, sunny spaces and sophisticated yet welcoming furnishings, Ile St. Louis has a lot to offer Paris novices and experts alike.
|Price Per Week||from $2590|
On the first floor upstairs, off the central staircase, there are two bedrooms:
Bedroom 1 (35 sq. meters/370 sq. ft.) with a king size bed (which can be separated into two single beds) with adjoining shower room and separate toilet,
Bedroom 2 (40 sq. meters/422 sq. ft.) with a king size bed (which can be separated into two single beds), with adjoining bathroom and separate toilet.
On the second floor, off the central staircase, there are three additional bedrooms:
Bedroom 3 (45 sq. meters/475 sq. ft.) is fully air-conditioned with a king size bed (which can be separated into single beds), its complete en suite bathroom and separate toilet.
Bedroom 4 (35 sq. meters/370 sq. ft.) is fully air-conditioned with a king size bed, en suite shower room and separate toilet. Bedroom 4 connects to Bedroom 5.
Bedroom 5 (15 sq. meters/158 sq. ft.) which is composed of 2 single beds.
On the east side, off a second staircase, there are two more bedrooms:
Bedroom 6 (35 sq. meters/370 sq. ft.) m2) which is on the second floor, has a queen size bed, shower room and separate toilet
Bedroom 7 (35m sq. meters/370 sq. ft.) on the first floor, with 2 single canopy beds and a single bed, shower room and toilet.
The home includes complementary WIFI, bathrobes, mini fridges in Bedrooms 1, 3, and 4, and kettle and NESPRESSO coffee machine in Bedrooms 1, 2, 3, and 4. The property includes over 5000 sq. meters (over 1.25 acres) of lawn and gardens, bordered by a row of three-hundred-year-old plane trees, and has several areas with shade trees and plantings – ideal for relaxing and outdoor meals.
The swimming pool is heated from April to October, is secured by a sensor alarm, and measures 18 meters x 8 meters (58 feet X 26 feet) and is located on the east side of the house. It is surrounded by a grass field, has natural shaded spaces, and a pool house with two toilets, a tennis table and a kitchen/bar area.
The Domaine de Palerme is the ideal venue for a relaxing vacation with friends and family, combining a quiet natural environment with the unique recreation, shopping and dining that the L’Isle sur la Sorgue area offers all year round. Prices per week (excl. any commission) range from Eur.11.000 for peak periods to Eur. 8.000 off peak.
A Perfect Location - Centrally located to visit ALL of Provence:
- A few minutes drive (or a short bike ride) to L’Isle sur la Sorgue, a Provence gem known for its waterways, markets, antique stores and food (from Michelin stars to local patisseries, everything is wonderful).
- 15-30 minutes away from several other beautiful villages, including Gordes, Ménerbes, Roussillon, Chateauneuf du Pape, Lourmarin, Saint Rémy de Provence, and Les Baux de Provence, to name just a few.
- Aix en Provence is 45 minutes away, and Cassis and the “Calanques National Park” (one of the natural wonders of the French Riviera - https://www.ot-cassis.com/en/nature.html) – is approx. 1 hr. and 15 minutes.
Easy to access:
- 30-minute drive (28 km/18 miles) from Avignon TGV train station. (Note: Paris is only 2h40 from Avignon by train and there is a train from/to Paris approximately every hour)
- 50-minute drive (70 km/44 miles) from Marseille International airport
The property itself:
- Known as the home of Albert Camus, who lived in Le Domaine de Palerme in the 50’s
- Quiet surroundings as the property is nestled among 15 hectares of private lands
- The gardens (south of the mansion) are planted with 300-year-old trees, creating a secluded and charming environment which is also cool in summer
- The main house (an 18th century « bastide » or chateau) was fully restored in 2016 adding all modern comforts was while preserving the authenticity and charm of the original design
- There are 7 spacious bedrooms (average 35sqmt) and 6 bath/shower rooms in the bastide for a total sleeping capacity of 15 people
- There are three living rooms on the ground floor, of which the largest (named the Orangery) with 15-foot ceilings serves as a dining room
- A large kitchen is available for local chefs to prepare in-house lunches and/or dinners
Also on site:
- WIFI (works perfectly well!)
- Large swimming pool (18 meters x 8 meters), heated from April to October
- Billiards and table tennis
- Bicycles upon request
- Vintage Citroen 2CV with or without guide upon request (Ideal to tour the Luberon or the Alpilles)
|Price Per Night||from $1425|
|Price Per Week||from $9975|