4 Bedrooms, 3.5 Bathrooms, Sleeps 8
Flaujagues, Gironde, Nouvelle-Aquitaine
This romantic French country farmhouse nestled amongst the vines sits directly on the Dordogne river with private access and dock. This peaceful maison de Famille lies just 15 minutes St. Emilion, with its world-famous vineyards and chateaux and 50 minutes from the Unesco World heritage city Bordeaux.
The open plan gourmet kitchen and dining for 6-8 with large stone fireplace opens up to a large double height living room with 2nd smaller dining or games table. The home has 4 large bedrooms, 2 with queen sized beds, one with a king and the 4th with two twins or a king. There are 3 full bathrooms plus a separate toilet. Extra room for 2 more can be found in the large den with a pull-out sofa and a day bed.
The salt water, eco friendly pool is relaxing as is the stone terrace that overlooks the peaceful river as it rolls by. The pool is wonderful in the summer but is not heated. Dining outside is set for six, but 8-10 can easily share the table. The home is ideal for 2 couples with children as there are there are two master bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms.
Biking (2 bikes included) down alongside the river, going to the Monday market in the nearby village and canoeing along the river (canoe & kayak included) make for the quintessential French country holiday. The riverside home is situated in a small village with a restaurant, small store & post office and is 7 minutes from Castillon with several restaurants, bars, 3 large grocery stores and many patisseries and butchers. An outdoor ping pong table is an added plus for the kids!
There are many things to do in the area: biking, wine tasting & touring the Chateaux, touring the historic bastide towns surrounding the area, sampling the many fine restaurants and cafes, fishing, horseback riding, sampling homemade artisanal foie gras and cheeses made locally as well as the famous Cap Ferret oysters sold in nearly every village on Sundays, swimming and boating the the nearby lake and day trips to the Atlantic coast and the city of Bordeaux are all popular.
There are several golf courses nearby.
Wine tours and catering can be arranged upon request as well as additional housekeeping or babysitting. ONLY accept bookings from Saturday to Saturday****
We do offer the home & yard for small weddings if the guests stay 1 week in the house. Ask us!
****NEW FOR 2018 bookings*** from January to May, September 15th to December 15th:
Le Priolet Pkg:
1. Dinner made for you at the house with your own French chef including a demo in English as well as a market visit with the chef. Ingredients for the dinner are at the guests’ expense.
2. Wine tasting at hyper-local chateau plus an additional wine tasting experience at our wine purveyor in St. Emilion (prestige wines). Wines can be shipped home and you’ll eliminate 20% of the cost (tax-free).
3. A unique tour of the gorgeous city of Bordeaux and its hippest area of Chartrons by former House Beautiful editor focusing on antiques, shopping and gourmet tastings.
4. St. Emilion tour for your group of the underground cave of Saint Emilion and the famous underground church and its history. You cannot see these without going on the tour.
5. Welcome Hamper to include local wines plus local cheese & bread & charcuterie.
6. Reservations made for you at 3 of our favorite restaurants in the area.
*** This package is available from May 31st to Sept 15th at an additional cost of 600 euros, but is INCLUDED in the rentals from March, April, May & Sept 15 – Nov 15
Romantic French home on the Dordogne River
4 Bedrooms, 3.5 Bathrooms, Sleeps 8