The Loire Valley is legendary for its magnificent chateaux, gorgeous gardens, charming villages, incomparable wine and regional cuisine. The trick is to visit later in the season to avoid the huge crowds! Just when the landscape and light are at their autumn peak, we will weave around the remaining tripists to introduce you to the authentic Loire. Beyond visiting iconic castles – including Blois, Chambord and Chenonceau – we will explore historic towns and enchanting villages with stops to savor fall produce and the spectacular wines produced here. Chinon’s Cabernet Franc is among our founder’s favorites. Sancerre and Vouvray are world-renowned plus you’ll discover light reds such as Samur Champigny which married perfectly with fish or can be enjoyed chilled in summer.
The GG2P Difference
- Our specialty is Ladies-only trips in French regions that are handpicked by Girls’ Guide to Paris founder Doni Belau using local expert guides and instructors.
- We mix it up! Unlike other trips that just offer cooking, adventure, history, shopping or wine-tasting – we do a little bit of everything.
- Throughout our Loire Valley Trip we’ll take an indulgent break from our hectic routines and slow our tempo down to the languid pace of the Loire in order to better appreciate its wealth of historic and cultural treasures.
- Our philosophy is to delve deep into the spirit of the city or region, meeting as many locals as we can during our stay. We do not believe in rushing around to a different spot and packing up each day, rather we stay in one or two locations and explore the area from there making the trip that much more relaxing.
- We’ll stay at a 4 star luxury hotel and spa which is known to be one of the best in the region as well as another 4 star hotel located in a 1000 year old abbey where Eleanor of Aquitaine stayed. You might know that Eleanor was the only woman to be both the Queen of England and France! Why shouldn’t you be treated like a Queen?
- Wake up in your hotel to warm croissants, taste local delicacies like Loire Valley cheeses shaped into towers, a lemon sablés and locally made rillettes.
- Gourmet meals and wines are chosen based on demanding “foodie” tastes and include high-quality local ingredients made with passion. Most meals are included.