January in Paris marks the sales at every store in Paris. You’ll save from 40-70% off all fall and winter lines at every clothing boutique, department, gift and home store. This, as well as affordable airfare, make January one of the most opportune times for a girls’ trip. In addition, we’ll be guided around the influential trade show Maison & Object by Debi Lilly and meet some of the most important designers exhibiting their wares from fragrances to fashion to antiques and fabrics. Debi is the party planner to the stars, think Oprah Winfrey, Martha Stewart and Lady Gaga and she goes each year to the Maison & Object fair to get French inspiration for her design work. We’ll fill in the gaps with several museum shows, a lesson in French flower arranging plus we’ll fill up on wonderful wine and gourmet food from the most talented chefs in Paris.
The GG2P Difference
- Our specialty is Ladies-only trips in French regions that are handpicked by Girls’ Guide to Paris founder Doni Belau using local expert guides and instructors.
- We mix it up! Unlike other trips that just offer cooking, adventure, history, shopping or wine-tasting – we do a little bit of everything.
- During our Paris trip we’ll get some great deals as we shop the sales and we’ll tour the Maison & Object Fair with an entertaining and lifestyle expert. We’ll also learn how to create a French-tied bouquet and check out the latest museum shows and sample some of the newest Parisian bistros.
- Our philosophy is to delve deep into the spirit of the city or region, meeting as many locals as we can during our stay. We do not believe in rushing around to a different spot and packing up each day, rather we stay in one location and explore the are from there making the trip that much more relaxing.
- We’ll visit the exclusive for the Trade Only fair that is one of the world’s finest.
- Wake up in your hotel to warm croissants, meet a local florist who does the displays for the American Embassy and raise a glass of champagne to toast your newly made friends.
- Gourmet meals and wines are chosen based on demanding “foodie” tastes and include high-quality local ingredients made with passion. Most meals are included.
- The Paris trip will be hosted by Doni Belau, and her friend Debi Lilly, Chicago’s answer to Martha Stewart. She’s the who’s who of event planners and has worked with Lady Gaga, Martha Stewart and Oprah to name a few. She goes every year to Paris and to the South of France for inspiration.