Fashion Week in Paris Wrap-Up
I have been covering Fashion Week in Paris for three years as a photojournalist and blogger. My mission is to find those moments that are unique in different senses: they could be related to the clothes, the venue, the designer or a celebrity, or a mix of them all. After seven days of running between shows and events, it is not easy to pick the 10 best moments. These photos are culled from hundreds of shots and represent my favorite moments from the shows of the Fall/Winter 2014 collections held in late February and early March in Paris.
1. The personal letter of Nicolas Ghesquière to all the Louis Vuitton guests, thanking them for being part of his first presentation for the legendary house. He touched us before even showing the most awaited collection of the season.
2. Letting Karl Lagerfeld impress us with his limitless imagination, creating the first ever Chanel Shopping Center, where each and every product is branded in relation to the Chanel house, from washing gloves to jam.
3. Seeing what Hedi Slimane will do in Saint Laurent to continue his revolution. Shiny boots will be the checkered shirt of last season.
4. Seeing Alber Elbaz return to elegance in Lanvin with the perfect black dress and hat with feathers. Thank god.
5. Celebrities like Rihanna and Jared Leto, being celebrities, photographed, Instagrammed and simply stalked anywhere they go.
6. Admiring Raf Simons’s evolution at Dior, taking the Dior trademark quilt to new levels.
7. Being backstage and witnessing designers being loved by their stars, like Riccardo Tisci with Beth Ditto.
8. Seeing technology and fashion merge with the innovative dress with LED lights at Akris.
9. Loving Dries Van Noten for creating what we would love to wear every day if we could.
10. Jean Paul Gaultier taking us to space in the most eclectic British spaceship.
Pro tip: You can take Girls’ Guide with you on your handheld! Our website, digital magazine and walking tours are all available for your mobile device.
Visit Yavidan Violeta at Violeta Purple.