On this trip we will peek behind the gate of some truly world-class gardens, both public and private. But this is more than just a garden wander. In this trip, we explore stunning historic chateaux inside & out, and discover some of France’s prettiest stone villages. We gain an insight into daily life in medieval France, through its architecture, rich culture & customs, and of course, plenty of fine dining experiences.
Along the way, we discover wonderful historic sites and gems, drinking in the beautiful Dordogne river vistas as we wander.
On this Trip, we’ll feast like royalty as we:
- explore the fairytale medieval castles of the Dordogne – the Land of 1001 Chateaux – and this stunningly scenic, rich river valley
- discover ancient postcard-perfect Plus Beaux Villages including Domme, La Roque-Gageac, Monpazier & Villereal
- plunge into the lively village markets – always fun, always a bargain!
- savour the classic cuisine of the Perigord region – confit duck, foie gras, regional cheeses, and more….mmm!
- sample the superb wines of Monbazillac and Bergerac
- enjoy intimate casual suppers at home, sharing stories from each day’s adventures
Simply email email@example.com if you have any questions about our partners trips or would like a detailed brochure with itinerary. Please put the name of this trip in the subject line.