The wine growing area of Bordeaux and its neighbor the Dordogne, known for rolling hills and sunflowers are the most famous areas of Southwestern France. This sunny region is home not only to the world’s most renowned wine but also to historic medieval villages full of limestone Chateaux and half timbered houses. The food is fresh because its grown right here and the wine is not only superb, its cheap. This area is quite well known by the French and English as one of the most beautiful in France yet Americans have yet to discover it. It is cherished by Doni, the founder of Girls’ Guide to Paris because she has owned a home in the area for many years now. The trip described below will be co-hosted by Doni Belau and Josette Marsh, who owns a home in the Dordogne region. Josette and Doni will be calling on their friends in the neighborhood to keep our group entertained throughout the tour.
BORDEAUX WINE TOURS
Join Girls’ Guide to Paris as we visit the Bordeaux region as well as the much-loved Dordogne area in southwest France. Our guided tour is not just about wine-tasting, it includes so much more! The GG2P itinerary includes:
- An insider’s tour of the UNESCO world heritage site of St. Emilion
- Kayaking and outdoor dining on the Dordogne river
- A delectable wine tour of St. Emilion + discovering a family vineyard
- Painting en Plein Air, knitting, and jewelry making to coax out your artistic side
- Staying at an historic Chateau in a magical area of the Dordogne region
- Visiting 600 yearo-old Bastide villages
- Tasting the sweet wine of Montbazillac and visiting the Chateau where its made
- A cocktail party with the locals showcasing Parisian cocktails
- Everyday we’ll taste the local delicacies of Southwest France
BORDEAUX & DORDOGNE
Our Girls’ Guide tours of France are unique because we prefer to offer a little bit of everything. A little bit of history, but not enough to bore you, some cooking, a lot of tasting, beaucoup de vin (wine), and a lot of touring with insiders and experts from the region. We never want to be a big impersonal tour company, so we offer only a few select tours each year that are always guided by the Girls’ Guide to Paris’ founder or one of her very good friends. We take France very personally and offer gal’s only tours so that we can shop, giggle and kvetch to our heart’s content without the guys to rein us in. That’s not that we don’t love the guys, WE DO! We just find that a girlfriend getaway is something very special and the friendships we make and the times we have together will be remembered and cherished for many years to come. Why don’t you join us this year!