Indulge yourself in a history infused week that’s oozing with wine in the Bordeaux region as well chateaux exploration in the Dordogne area of France. Taste and bring home incredible wines, visit hidden villages and meet a well-known author. Experience this stunning region of France where the sun always shines and people live longer. Enjoy discovering some of the most beautiful and historic towns in France, see the caves of pre-historic man and toast at a Parisian-style cocktail party in a gorgeous Chateau.
The GG2P Difference
- Our specialty is Ladies-only trips in French regions that are handpicked by Girls’ Guide to Paris founder Doni Belau using local expert guides and instructors.
- We mix it up! Unlike other trips that just offer cooking, adventure, history, shopping or wine-tasting – we do a little bit of everything.
- During our Southwestern France trip we’ll take a much needed break from our daily lives as we taste wine and explore the stunningly beautiful medieval towns of this unique and ancient region of France.
- Our philosophy is to delve deep into the spirit of the city or region, meeting as many locals as we can during our stay. We do not believe in rushing around to a different spot and packing up each day, rather we stay in one or two locations and explore the area from there making the trip that much more relaxing.
- We’ll stay at a family owned Chateau with a fascinating history and we’ll taste some of the best Bordeaux wine you can imagine.
- Wake up in your hotel to warm croissants, meet a local author and enjoy a glass of champagne to toast your newly made friends.
- Gourmet meals and wines are chosen based on demanding “foodie” tastes and include high-quality local ingredients made with passion. Most meals are included.
- The Bordeaux/Dordogne trip will be hosted by Doni Belau with trip consultation by Josette Marsh. I have a home in the Bordeaux region and she has a home in the Dordogne. She has been the President of the Alliance Française board in the United States and hails from San Francisco as well as being a knitting fiend. Other experts will guide us daily.