Top 15 Summer in Paris Must-Do's
Bastille day is July 14th
Recently I had the opportunity to guest tweet for the Paris Tripism Bureau’s new English language twitter account @ParisForYou. In addition, Pauline from the bureau and I decided it might be fun to do a twitter chat and just yesterday a wonderful group of people joined us from around the world to learn the top 15 summer in Paris Must-Do’s for this season. In case you missed out on the fun, here they are below. Obviously we’ve reached beyond the ordinary (we know you’ll go to the Eiffel Tower and Notre Dame) but we wanted to present you with some not often thought of things, some special events and few extraordinary to-do’s that even most Parisians don’t know about. These are our top 15 in no particular order. Happy summer!
Marin d’Eau Douce boating
1. Sail an electric boat on the Marin d’eau Douche.
The charming Canal St. Marin
2. Languish with the hipsters at the Canal St. Martin sporting a bottle of rosé wine and perhaps a picnic on the Canal St. Martin shores at sunset.
Nothing more refreshing than Berthillon
3. Grab a cone of Berthillon ice cream, meringues au chocolat is a special flavor for this summer, head to Ile St. Louis and go to the original store, not the resellers.
The beach at Glazart.
4. Cool down with a cocktail at Ground Control, Café Cour or Plage du Glazart.
Dancing by the lights of the Eiffel Tower
5. Check out the outdoor dance party at La Guingette every Friday night at the Eiffel Tower.
Le Ballon de Paris
6. Take your whole family to Andrée Citroën Park
and fly in the tethered balloon. Prices are 12 euros adult, 6 euros for kids up to 11.
7. Spend happy hour at a roof-top bar such as Brasseries Barbes, Nüba or the terribly cool Le Perchoir (the original one) with cocktails by Lucas.
Cinema en plein air
8. Take in a FREE movie under the stars at the Place des Vosges or La Villette
9. Dance al-fresco at Le Playtime, Concrete or on the Batofar nightclub boat.
J’adore le John Butler Trio
10. Go see Offspring, Jungle or the John Butler Trio at Rock-en-Scene
at the end of August. There are many more artists…those are just 3 of our faves!
Molitor at the hotel of the same name.
11. If its hot, head to the coolest pools in Paris: Molitor, Josephine Baker, Centre Aquatique in Neuilly-sur-Seine.
La Traviata will be perfomred at Hotel Invalides
12. Opera fans should check out La Traviata on tour performing
outside at the Hotel Invalides.
Les Berges de Seine
13. Lounge and relax and take in the view at Les Berges de Seine around year long or the summer only Plage de Paris from
mid-July to mid-August.
14. Enjoy some classical music
in gardens all over town.
The new terrace on the 1st floor.
15. Check out the new Eiffel Tower terrace….sublime!
Consult the Paris Tripism Bureau
for more sizzling hot summer-time events and happenings in Paris.
Note: Cover slid-show photo by barefootbeat.com