Could there be a more perfect place to be than Paris for Valentine’s Day? Are you in town with your hubby, your lover or the guy you just met? Here’s a list of ways to ensure a moment or two on Valentine’s Day that you’ll never forget.
1. Classic Woody Allen scene: Kiss by the Seine under the Pont Marie after a short waltz.
2. Retro V-Day: Listen to the crooning voice of cabaret performer Caroline Nin (think Edith Piaf) at the Lido.
3. Only in Paris: Put a lock on the bridge between Notre Dame and the left bank on the Pont de l’Archevêché.
4. Always a good idea: Sip some Veuve Clicquot champagne at Flûte, then crunch on some postcoital Pierre Hermé macarons in your hotel room.
5. He knows how to focus on YOU!: Have him take you shopping at Merci, then have a cup of tea and stare into each other’s eyes.
6. For intellectuals: Nose around the bookstore Shakespeare and Company, then light a candle across the street at Notre Dame.
7. For history and music lovers: Listen to Mozart at la Sainte-Chapelle.
8. Secret liasons: Bite his lip playfully in a corner of the jazz club Bilboquet, in the 6th Arrondissement.
9. Buy some nasty panties at Chantal Thomass.